Everything you need to know about the:
PARKING LOT PARTY
When: Saturday August 4th from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Where: Old Town Cape Parking lot on Spanish Street in Downtown Cape Girardeau.
What is this Parking Lot Party?
The Parking Lot Party is the kick-off to Southeast Missouri Craft Beer week. We are joined this year by the following: Crown Valley, Charleville, Bronze Owl, King David, Saxony Hills, Minglewood, J Street Brew Co., Cask, Major Brands, Bluff City Beer, and Kohlfield.
Minglewood is hosting a homebrew contest at the Parking Lot Party where the public will vote on their favorite homebrew beer. The top 3 homebrewers who receive the most votes will advance to the final judging by a panel of Minglewood judges. Gold, Silver, and Bronze will be announced at Minglewood on August 7 th at our Craft Beer Week event.
Minglewood Homebrew Contest
You must register for the competition in order to compete in the Parking Lot Party event.
• Open to all home brewers.
• 1 entry per contestant.
• Acceptable entry Vessels: Cans or bottles. No growlers. Must receive minimum 24 ounces.
• Entries are only accepted at Minglewood Brewery and can be dropped
off or mailed to:
Attn: Trevor Camp
121 Broadway St.
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
• If mailing entries, include the Entry Form in your box and wrap each
bottle/can with the Bottle ID Form. We suggest wrapping each beer
individually with bubble wrap and pack the box well to prevent
breakage. No packing peanuts! We also suggest lining the box with a
trash bag or wrap each individual beer with a bag to prevent any
leaking outside the box. We require 24 ounces of beer for the judging.
Broken bottles will prevent you from entering the contest. We will
contact you if there’s a broken bottle when we receive your beer. You
may mail us another as long as it’s received by July 28 th – the deadline.
• Style: BJCP 2015 Style Guidelines 21A – American IPA
• Complete the Brewer Information and Entry Information on the Entry
Recipe Form. It is not necessary to complete the Ingredients and
Procedures section of the form unless you would like to do so.
• Entries must be received by July 28th 2018. No late entries will be
• Minglewood appreciates your participation. Contestants receive a
complimentary pint of any Minglewood beer at time of entry
submission. This applies only to entry drop-off’s..
• Date Judged: Aug 4 th by general public at Parking Lot Party. August 7 th
at Minglewood Craft Beer Event.
Parking lot Party Details:
• Each home brewer will sample their own competition beer to public.
• Homebrewers will supply the following:
◦ Pop-up tent
◦ 5 gallons of competition beer and dispensing equipment
• We will provide:
◦ Rinse pitchers, dump buckets, and water
• Equipment drop off: Behind parking lot in alley parallel to Spanish St.
• First 200 Beer Loving Festival goers receive token to vote on their
favorite beer in the homebrew competition.
• Each attending Brewery receives 1 Gold Brewer token worth 10
• Top 3 homebrew beers with the most tokens will advance to the final
judging by a panel of Minglewood judges.
• Winner will be announced August 7 th at Minglewood Brewery at our
Craft Beer Week event at 6:00pm.
• Winner will be posted on Social Media.
◦ Ribbon and medal for Gold, Silver, and Bronze
◦ Winning homebrewer will collaborate brew an IPA with
Minglewood on our 7bbl system.
◦ Minglewood will source and secure all ingredients for the
collaboration brew. Ingredient substitutions may be needed
depending on access and availability.